IQE Group is an industrial chemical group formed by three companies: Industrias Químicas del Ebro, S.A., DESILSA and SIMAL.
With its more than 50 years of service, INDUSTRIAS QUÍMICAS DEL EBRO, S.A., IQE, is an European benchmark within the field of inorganic chemistry. The company's positioning in different sectors and in highly competitive markets has fostered its continuous growth, while still remaining true to its roots.
DESILSA (Detergentes y Derivados de Silicatos Alcalinos, S.A.), founded in 1961, focuses its activities on the production of a wide range of liquid silicates. Strategically located in Barcelona, within its area of influence it covers markets in such diverse industries as detergents, water treatment, cardboard, textiles…..
SIMAL (Silicatos de Malpica, S.L.) is the Group's most recent incorporation. Its business activity, which complements those of the other companies in the Group, is centred on the production of sodium and potassium silicates, having extensive experience in the market.
Industrias Químicas del Ebro, the Group's parent company, which has its headquarters in Zaragoza, began its business activity in 1958, producing sodium silicate and metasilicate at its original premises in the centre of Zaragoza. In 1977 the company's move to Malpica Industrial Estate on the outskirts of the city marked a turning point in its history and allowed it to expand and diversify its range of products as well as its markets and applications. It became a benchmark supplier at both national and international level in industries such as that of detergents, ceramics, construction, water treatment, paints, electrodes and paper, amongst others.
- 1958 Foundation of Industrias Químicas del Ebro, S. A. in Zaragoza. Start of production of sodium and potassium silicates and sodium metasilicate.
- 1961 Creation of the first subsidiary, DESILSA (Detergentes y Derivados de Silicatos Alcalinos, S.A.) in Barcelona to supply the detergent industry.
- 1977 Transfer to new facilities at the Malpica Industrial Estate.
- 1989-1992 Start of zeolite and precipitated silica production.
- 2000-2005 Start-up of lines based on aluminium silicate : aluminium silicate, aluminium hydroxide, aluminium sulfate and accelerators for the construction industry.
- 2015 Acquisition of the silicate division of Peroxychem in España, which joined the group as Silicatos de Malpica (SIMAL), located in Zamudio (Bilbao).
- 2016 Start-up of new precipitated silica production line.
Our management model
The IQE Group management model describes the principles followed to manage the company, the ultimate aim being to achieve sustained profitability over time, guaranteeing the permanent satisfaction of customers through the involvement of the whole of the workforce in an environment of continuous learning and improvement, carried out in a responsible manner.
Implementing the EFQM-based management model means that we are committed to ensuring that at the IQE Group we carry out our activities within a framework of ethical values, of respect for the environment and guaranteeing our employees' safety.
Vision and Values
Our vision is that, based on our values, the IQE Group will be considered an excellent company, trusted by its customers for the high standard of products, services and solutions we provide and for the importance we place on responsible development as a strategy for growth.
Incorporating the principles of corporate responsibility into its growth strategy gives the IQE Group a business vision which combines conventional, economic goals with the respect for the environment, care of people and the development of its social environment.